Christmas is 13 days away?!
Fall is usually a busy time for me, but after years of dealing with multiple birthdays PLUS regular holidays, I’ve achieved a kind of rhythm that sees me through until January. Here it is, starting September 29:
- 9/29 Birthday, birthday (mine & family friend’s)
- 10/2 Birthday (nephew)
- 10/25 Birthday (son)
- 10/26 Birthday (daughter)
- 10/31 Halloween
- 11/15 Birthday (daughter)
- Weekend after Thanksgiving – Decorate for Christmas
- 11/30 Birthday (nephew)
- December: shopping, concerts, recitals, parties, crafts, traditions PLUS
- 12/21 Mom and Dad’s anniversary
- 12/23 Birthday (nephew)
- 12/25 Christmas
For this year, you insert an early November trip to New York, then Thanksgiving at the beach, then prolonged illness for 1 or more of us…, and I’m about 60 days behind.
I just now got into the Christmas spirit, and now I AM SICK AGAIN. Ugh.
As I sit here in bed trying to get well before tomorrow night’s church board Christmas party, Charlie’s out finishing the Christmas decorating.
At this rate, I don’t expect to “catch up” until March.
Which is why I so relate to this Muppets video:
Poor Beaker; he didn’t stand a chance.
May your Christmas season be DING DONG free.